We got our start in 1921 when a group of Presbyterian women bought two lots on Fifth Avenue for $400 and were organized in 1928 by a commission from the Presbyterian Church of Meridian, in the Presbyterian Church in the United States (PCUS or Southern Presbyterian Church). In 1973, along with a number of other churches, we withdrew from the PCUS to form the National Presbyterian Church which soon became the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). So, for almost one hundred years, we have been at beacon for truth in the heart of Picayune, and, Lord willing, will be for years to come. Our former pastors include noted theologian and prolific author, O. Palmer Robertson, and Jack Chinchen, founder of African Bible College.
We are a particular church in the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), which is a reformed, conservative, Bible-believing denomination, established in 1974. Our denominational roots trace back to the Protestant Reformation, and Presbyterianism in Scotland. However, our convictions and theology trace back to God and are found in his Word. Thus, we believe that the Westminster Standards, which resulted from the Westminster Assembly in the 1640’s, accurately articulate and summarize the doctrines taught in the holy Scriptures.